Thursday, November 20, 2014

Naming the Best of 2014 -- Lists!

It's that time of year when "best of " lists start popping up, and I love them!

The winners of the New York Times Best Illustrated Books for 2014 were chosen by an illustrious panel of judges--Jennifer M. Brown, Brian Floca, and Jerry Pinkney.

The ten titles on the National Book Awards Longlist for Young People's Literature were announced clear back in September.  And the finalists on the shortlist were announced in October.  Congratulations to Jacqueline Woodson and Brown Girl Dreaming for winning the award this week.  Click here to read the lists, the winners, and interviews with the authors.

Publisher's Weekly has announced their Best Books 2014 lists.  Check out the choices for Picture Books, Middle Grade, and Young Adult.  This is the list that convinced me to finally pick up The Witch's Boy--oh, so good.

One of my favorite lists of the year is School Library Journal's: Picture Books, Middle Grade, Young Adult, and Nonfiction.

I was thrilled to see My Grandfather's Coat, Firefly July, and Rules of Summer on both PW's and SLJ's lists.  I also heartily agree with the inclusion of Revolution, Ophelia and the Marvelous Boy, Brown Girl Dreaming, The Port Chicago 50, and The Family Romanov--best books all!  And now I really need to find a copy of The Crossover.

No comments:

Post a Comment